Manice Budd & Baggett LLP and Affiliates (collectively, "MB&B," the "Firm," "we," "us," or "our") is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website, contacts for our clients and prospective clients, contacts for suppliers of goods and services to the Firm, candidates for employment or engagement, and any other individuals about whom the Firm obtains personal information (each, "you"). Please read the following statement, which sets out the principles governing the Firm’s use of personal information that we may obtain about you, to understand how the Firm collects, uses, and otherwise processes your personal information as well as the rights that you have in relation to our processing of that information (the “Privacy Statement”). In this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by the Firm) enables you to be identified or recognized. With respect to California residents, references to "personal information" in this Privacy Statement means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, subject to certain exceptions set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act (the "CCPA").
Manice Budd & Baggett LLP is the data controller in relation to any personal information that the Firm processes about you and is responsible for ensuring that such processing complies with applicable data protection laws, including the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and the CCPA. Your privacy is important to us. Please be aware that Firm personnel are required to comply with the Firm's data privacy practices as set out in our Privacy Statement and other data privacy-related Firm policies.
Please click on the link below for the contact details of Manice Budd & Baggett LLP offices and affiliated entities in your jurisdiction: https://www.manicebudd.com/about#offices.
If you have any comments or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement, or for further information on our processing activities and your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection, Manice Budd & Baggett LLP 420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2803 New York, New York 10170.
Do Not Track
Notification of Changes
Although you are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of our website, you may choose to do so by completing the job application forms or the newsletter sign-up form. Should you do so, we may, for example, keep a record of your name, email address, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Additionally, we may collect the following categories of personal information from you in the course of business, including through your use of the website, when you contact or request information from us, when we provide services to you or receive services from you:
- Identification data, such as name, gender, title, job title, or address.
- Contact information, including your phone number(s), your email address and social media account or handle where appropriate.
- Financial data, such as bank account information and invoicing details.
- Event registration or mailing list data, such as dietary requirements (which may reveal information about your health or religious beliefs), preferences and interests, subscriptions, downloads, and username/passwords.
- Job applicant data, such as identification data and contact information, resumé and other data provided by you or third parties (e.g. recruiters) on our website, online recruitment portal (where applicable) or offline in connection with job openings, which may be subject to additional local requirements based on the country for which the position is advertised.
- Legal and regulatory compliance data as required for purposes such as know your client, anti-money laundering, and market abuse regulations requirements, or as part of our client onboarding process, which may include passport or other identification data, date of birth, home address, and other due diligence data.
- Other service data, such as personal information relevant to the provision or receipt of services, in relation to any of your employees, customers or vendors, and client feedback.
- Cookie and device data, such as information about your visit of our website, IP address, device identifier, browser type and version, operating system and network, location and time zone setting.
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive or obtain from other sources, such as from our staff or personnel, clients, professional advisers, partners, and agents of MB&B, third parties with whom we interact, and publicly available sources.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes and, for each purpose, based on the following legal grounds:
- Provision of legal services – we use personal information that you voluntarily submit to us on the website or during the course of our engagement, regardless of the media used, such as identification data, contact details, and other service data that we may process in connection with the provision of services. The Firm's work for you may also involve providing such information to third parties, such as expert witnesses and other professional advisers in order to represent your interests most effectively. This processing is necessary for us to perform our contract with you.
- Administration of client and vendor relationships – we use identification data, contact details, financial data, and other service data, including for the processing of invoices, the updating of client records, and the management of our vendor relationships. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you.
- Addressing client inquiries/feedback – we use identification data, contact details, and other service data for this purpose. This process is necessary to perform our contract with you. It may also be necessary for our legitimate interests to establish or maintain a relationship with you; it is also in your interest to receive a response from us when you contact us.
- Sending relevant marketing messages and inviting you to events/seminars – we use identification data, contact details, cookie and device data, and mailing list data to communicate with you by way of email alerts and post to provide you with information about our events, seminars, or services that may be of interest to you. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interest to send you tailored marketing messages, client newsletters, and invitations to relevant events and seminars.
- Improving our website – we use cookie and device data to improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our website. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests to constantly monitor and improve our online presence and services to you.
- Keeping our website and IT systems and processes safe – we use identification data, contact details, financial data, cookie and device data, and other service data. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you and to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. It is also necessary for our legitimate interests to prevent illegal activities, including fraud, which could harm you and us.
- Complying with legal or regulatory inquiries/requests – we use identification data, contact details, financial data, cookie and device data, and legal and regulatory compliance data (including for anti-money laundering or fraud detection purposes, statutory returns and fulfillment of the Firm's ethical obligations). This processing is necessary for the purpose of complying with legal requirements that apply to the Firm.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- other entities within MB&B to provide legal services to you and to administer any service provided to you that the Firm agrees to undertake;
- professional advisers, partners, and agents of MB&B to provide you with local legal services, as required, and to administer our relationship with you;
- vendors that will process your personal information on our behalf and under our written instructions to carry out their services during the course of our business, such as IT service providers, financial institutions, customer relationship management databases and other cloud-based solutions, third party companies providing us with business analytics and statistics to assist with our marketing campaigns, and third party venues in which we may host events and seminars. We contract with such vendors to ensure that they only process your personal information under our instructions and ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information by implementing the appropriate technical and organizational measures for such processing;
- any law enforcement, regulatory, or government agency requesting personal information in connection with any inquiry, subpoena, court order, or other legal or regulatory procedures, with which we would need to comply. We may also share personal information to establish or protect the Firm's legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims;
- any third party connected with business transfers; we may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition, or transfer of assets of the Firm, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or content of any linked websites. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website you visit.
We may send you direct marketing messages including by way of email alerts and post provided that we have a lawful ground to do so. If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts, to be part of a mailing list, or to receive any marketing communications, you can opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contacting us at email@example.com.
Sources of Personal Information Collected. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources: directly from you, such as when you complete forms, indirectly from you, such as observing your actions on our website, and from publicly available sources.
Disclosures for a Business or Commercial Purpose. In the preceding 12 months, MB&B has disclosed the types of personal information listed above to its service providers for business purposes.
No Sale of Personal Information. In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold any personal information.
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to staff and authorized service providers on a need-to-know basis for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, as well as other administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. Please note that email is not a secure medium and should not be used to send confidential or sensitive information. By providing information online, you accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless it is due to our negligence or willful default.
Details regarding our offices and affiliated entities can be found at https://www.manicebudd.com/about#offices. Your personal information may be transferred to or shared across our integrated computer networks with one or more of MB&B offices and our affiliated offices in the United States that may not be subject to data protection laws similar to those prevailing in the jurisdiction in which such information is provided to or received by us. However, all of our offices adhere to the same procedures with respect to your personal information, including this Privacy Statement.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not support "Do Not Track" browser settings at this time.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected as set out in this Privacy Statement or for longer as required under any applicable legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. Should you opt out or no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, we will securely delete your personal information from the relevant mailing list(s).
Notification of Changes
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by applicable legal or regulatory requirements. Where it is practicable, we will notify you by email of any significant changes. However, the last update date is posted below, and we encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we use your personal information.
Last updated: May 2022